It is very important that your personal data is kept safe and secure.
In order to do this your personal information:
- is processed in line with the Information Commissioner’s Office recommendations
- is collected only when relevant and not excessive to our needs
- only kept for as long as necessary
- only used for the reasons for which it was collected
- is collected once you have given consent to being part of marketing mailing lists
- will be safeguarded using all appropriate technical and organisational steps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability and authenticity of your data.
The Purpose of this Policy
This Policy describes how personal data is collected, used, retained and safeguarded. It also sets out your individual rights to know what data is held about you, how this data is processed and how you can place restriction on the use of your data.
If you make an enquiry about consultations your personal information will be used to respond to that enquiry.
How your personal data is collected
Personal data may be collected in a number of ways, for example:
- When you make contact by post, telephone, text, email or via the website ‘contact us’ section
- If you send messages or ask for information through social media
- If you purchase products or services from the website
- As you interact in other ways – as a customer or in any other capacity
How your personal data is used
Information is collected from enquirers, clients, and customers to:
- respond to enquiries
- provide professional client consultations in line with our insurance policies
- inform clients about classes, news, promotions and new products
The information may include the following:
- Contact details e.g. name, address, phone number, email address
- Information concerning your health, medical conditions & medication
- Date of birth, gender and marital status
- Personal interests
- Contact details of your family or next kin
You may find links to other web pages on the web site. The terms of this policy only apply to www.yourtreatmentroom.co.uk they do not apply to any external websites you may visit though a link on our web pages.
Your rights can be found on the information via the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/
You also have the right:
- to be informed
- of access
- to rectification/update and change your details
- to erasure
- to restrict processing
- to data portability
- to object
- not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
- to unsubscribe from mailing lists at any time
Any request should be made in writing via email to email@example.com and please allow 28 days for a response. With regard to client case histories, these are kept for 7 years in line with insurance requirements.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Personal information will be kept for as long as is necessary for our interaction. In some circumstances, it is a requirement to keep the information for a set period of time, e.g. Client records – 7 years or, in the case of minors, for 7 years after their 18th Birthday.
How do we store your personal information?
All client case histories are stored as a paper copy only in a locked filing cabinet. The details are used solely for the purposes of providing a safe and effective massage session by your therapist.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. Please refer back to this page to keep up to date with changes.
What to do if you have a query regarding this policy
If you require further information about services and further details on how your personal data is collected, please contact Martine, call 07958233936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you feel there has been any inappropriate actions please make contact as soon as possible via email email@example.com or phone 07958233936
If you believe that your data is not being processed in accordance with the law then you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office through their helpline 0303 123 1113